Thursday 3 February 2011

nCloth - curtains

During this month I found myself working on a load of things, mainly on nCloth again, I had figured it out but it still wasn't up to scratch. I was also set the task of creating curtain for the interior shots in Hero 1.0. During this task I also started to experiment with Maya dynamics, adding air and turbulence to the scene meant that the curtains would move around like if they were real.

here is a picture of the curtains



as you can see with the picture above I have also textured the curtains, I got this texture from the director, it was his choice, we both said that it wasn't very good. We're currently looking for something better.

I found myself learning quick when it came to nCloth, from my understanding I know that it is use a lot in many industries and it's also industry approved.

i run a few test with the curtian after i had set up the attributes and found that they had worked as i first thought. the only problem is that the cloth is a bit slow to react when reacting with characters in the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment