Sunday 21 November 2010

building buildings ;)

I have found that working for Kofi on Hero I will have to model a few houses, so i thought I would polish off my skills and try and build something rather large, even though I that it wont be used in the film



here is a shot of the main areas of the building, the window part. I found that its quite simple to make something large if you duplicate it in parts. the parts need to be able to fit with each other so its always good to keep you scales to the grid. the picture shown above shows pretty much all that takes to make the building. obviously you might need to scale a few things now and there but the hard bits are already done.



here is what my model turned out like, its pretty much the first picture copied and pasted over and over again, there were a few things that i had to model to make it fit right, specially in the corners. as you can see its not perfect but i now know is possible. i wont be doing anything to this scale but I enjoyed the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment