Wednesday 24 November 2010

practising rigging

as i have agreed to rig a model for a movie i have started to practice to remind myself of how to go ahead with it. there are so many things that I have forgotten about like pole vectors.



here is a quick test of how would add the joints to the geometry, this is basic due to the fact that i was only using it as a quick test. it turned out to work just fine!



the picture above shows how when a ik handle is added and the the join is skinned it will bend in a quick organic result.


the images above shows a model that i came across and decided to rig it, at first i found myself just messing around with the arm and hand, the next step would be to add the ik handle.



this images is before I placed the joins in the right place, e.g. shoulder, elbow and wrist.




this next images I have finished half the skeleton and I am joining the shoulder joint to the main section. I believe I have also added the ik handle.


in this picture i am placing the wrist joint and all the finger joints in the right place to then add the nurbs circle for easy selection to the ik handle.



using the model for a guide line



i have now finished the placements of the joints, I have also mirrored it and its now ready to add all the other handles and set driven keys.



here is another practice rig but on an odd shapped character, i started with the easiest part, the tail, i then added the rest of the skeleton.



as you can see the tail now has an ik handle and is able to move in a tail like manner, i found this very simple to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment